It's beach season again, and you know what that means; terms like summer body and bikini body are being thrown around A LOT. You probably want to spend time relaxing or tanning by the beach. So, we get that you'd like to get tight and toned for the season.
Fitness is the 20% to the 80% of your diet. Therefore, we're going to help you get there with exercise, routines, and supplements. You can get a beach body fast by following our fitness tips, so tag along to transform your body using various methods.
Take a Walk
Walking is good for your cardiovascular health, as it gets your blood pumping. Moreover, it promotes flexibility, bone strength, and lung health. And, of course, it facilitates burning fat.
Perform Strength Training
A cardio workout may promote heart health and blood flow, but it isn't what you need to get the best weight loss and muscle-building results. Instead, cardio might give you loose skin and barely any muscle tone.
For that, you need to do some strength training. This will get you to lose fat and weight, giving you a fit and toned body. Make sure you're strength training at least two times a week. Also, don't forget to work on your back and legs rather than just your arms. For faster results, we recommend our supplements for muscles, cartilage, and blood peptides.
Also, ladies, if you're worried about how weight lifting will change your body, let us assure you that you're not going to look like a boxer (if you don't want to).
Tip: You don't have to stick to dumbbells; you can switch to kettlebells and barbells, for instance, if you want some versatility.
Furthermore, if you want pecs, you can do regular push-ups, clapping push-ups, and push-ups with barbells. Moreover, go for a barbell that's heavier than what you'd usually lift by 60%.
And as Harley Pasternak, who trained Robert Pattison and Robert Downey Jr., says, working your upper back muscles is essential. Do rows with TRX suspension bands and dumbbells. When you move your shoulder blades backward, this will get your chest to tilt up and out.
If you're looking for some exercises to try out, here are a couple.
Needless to say, bicep curls help strengthen your arms. You can do them by following these steps:
- Stand up, positioning your feet so that they're shoulder-width apart
- With your wrists facing away, use both hands to hold the kettlebell's handle
- Lift and curl the kettlebell up as if to touch your chin while engaging your biceps
- Curl it again in the opposite direction until you reach your starting position
- Do 3 sets of 12 to 15 bicep curls
We can't guide you on how to get a beach body without focusing on your legs, too. If you want to tone your legs and glutes, try kettlebell lunges:
- Stand up with the kettlebells to your right or left in the rack position
- With the opposite leg, lunge forward, and put your weight on your front heel
- Do 12 to 15 lunges before switching legs
- Repeat this exercise 3 times
Do High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
If you're unfamiliar with HIIT, this is a type of training where you do a burst of a specific exercise and take a short break afterward. Then, you repeat the cycle until you finish your workout. Also, you can switch between exercises.
What you'll probably like about HIIT is that it doesn't take up much time (10 to 15 minutes), and it's highly effective if you truly give the workout your all. Furthermore, you can do this a few days every week (along with light training on other days) to get a beach body fast. So, let us give you some suggestions.
Kettlebell squats are great for toning your legs and bottoms and building your overall strength. It targets your biceps, glutes, and quads. This is how you do it:
- Standing up, hold the kettlebell in front of your chest using its horns
- Do a squat, and don't stop until your thighs are at least parallel to the ground
- Hold this position for a second
- Push yourself upwards using your heels
- Push your chest out when you're back in the starting position
- Do this exercise for 30 to 40 seconds
For flutter kicks, all you need is an exercise mat. This HIIT exercise tightens your core and tones it quickly. Here's a step-by-step guide to doing flutter kicks:
- Lie down on your back, straightening your arms and legs
- Lift your leg around 6 inches, or less if you can't, while pressing your lower back into the exercise mat
- As you tighten your abs, move your legs in a 'fluttering' motion without bending your knees
- Repeat this exercise for 30 to 40 seconds
Although you're here to get that bikini body, we want you to rethink your motivation. Do you want to do this for some strangers whom you'll see once by the beach? Wouldn't you rather do it so that you're happier, healthier, and stronger? Perhaps this journey should be less about how your body looks and more about how it feels.
In short, getting in shape is about building a healthy lifestyle and making changes. For one, make it a habit to walk a lot to burn fats and improve your overall health.
Furthermore, do strength training, such as push-ups, weight lifting, and more. HIIT workouts are also excellent in getting you in shape if you don't have much time to dedicate to working out. It's vital to ensure that your workout routine exercises your arms, legs, core, back, and all body parts.
If you're hoping to lose body fat and reach your ideal weight, keep the information above in mind and don't worry – just start with one step at a time.